Tuesday 26 April 2016

Mommy vs the caffeine fix

Afternoon. So I would love to say this was tale of addiction and desperation is made up for entertainment purposes...but its not .
Today I realised I may have a problem of the caffeinated kind. It all started when I went to make my morning brew , I glanced into my coffee jar and to my horror it was empty. Now normally it wouldn't bother me , I either go buy more or just make do with tea but today was different.  I needed that coffee and by 1pm I was going stir crazy ,I honestly poured hot water into my coffee cannister to see what was left....nada. it was then I became desperate and found an old coffee pod (the ones you use for those machines , I have a coffee maker but it's on top of the cupboard and I'm a short arse) . I popped a hole in the top and poured water in carefully , then I cut a hole in the bottom hoping It would filter through...it didn't. So I cut again and added more water. This time burning my hand , at this point I decided I needed to empty the coffee sludge from the pod and filter It into a mug. 1 problem , I have no filters , I decided to use an old pair of tights (clean of course , I'm not that desperate ) I held it over the cup and poured. I was left with coffee water , somewhat grainy but not totally un drinkable. I added milk , sugar and left it to go stone cold for four hours like all parents do so I never got to drink it anyway ! Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment